DDos attacks protection
The main purpose of DDos attacks is to disable computing system by the means of creation such conditions when valid users cannot access servers and other important networks resources. Along with that, the flows of valid network traffic can be completely blocked. DDos attacks are determined against a network infrastructure of host-systems and as a result the users service is interrupted. The attacks are used by criminals for blackmailing. Attacked companies may suffer huge losses.
The cost of DDos attacks protaction is sufficient but it is necessary for a steady functioning of a business in the "non-stop" mode, round-the-clock.
Before it is in a network resource, traffic detection is considered to be the most effective measure of DDos attack protraction. For effective suppression of DDos attacks, there is a need in the special architecture of operative level which is able to detect a malicious traffic and to suppress the most masked and difficult attacks.
Datagroup company offers its clients hardware & software complex of operative level from Cisco company to solve this problem which is able to provide the advanced protection of the Internet-traffic. This complex perfectly combins 3 functions: detection, suppression and anomalous traffic filtration in real time. The function of suppression allows to separate an ordinary traffic from anomalous one accurately blocking the last one.
For the telecommunication market of Ukraine it is a unique offer from the leader of controllable services - Cisco Services. The effective cooperation with Cisco gives an opportunity for Datagroup company to offer its clients the effective, controllable protection from DDoS attacks. We offer not just to block attacking addresses but also to separate the ordinary traffic from the malicious one without disturbing business-processes.
DDoS attacks protaction service provides the following advantages:
- suppresses DDoS attacks in the real time mode;
- 7-level intellectual system of protection from the anomalous traffic;
- provides the advanced protection for all centres of data and critical resources processing including DNS/DHCP servers, web-servers etc.;
- guarantees businesscontinuity owing to the good protection of outcoming current;
- provides on-line access to the service administration and its statistics through personal cabinet.
First, Cisco Anomaly Guard accurately analyses client's traffic during ten minutes creating the configuration of safety parameters. Then, the module studies the parameters of your traffic and complets the detailed description within next 24 hours. It allows to separate the normal traffic from the anomalous one and to protect all your resources in the shortest terms.
You can easily administer the DDoS attacks protection service owing to the web-interface which allows to detect a situation in the real time mode. To provide the protection from the attack it is necessary to press «Protect» button and soon after having conducted analyse the resource operability and the situation in a network reverts to the normal mode.
Module operation algorithm in case of DDoS attack:
- Cisco anomaly guard detector founds an attack;
- a client sends a command to the Module to start the protection via the web-interface;
- the Module uses the special mechanism to transfer the route to the IP under attack itself while processing useful and anomalous traffic;
- in the Module the anomalous traffic (spam, DDoS-attack, viruses) is detected and sieved and the ordinary traffic transfers to client's segment;
- basing on the results of operation, if necessary, an investigation may be held and law enforcement authorities may be involved
Recently, DDoS attacks in Ukraine were made rarely and often they did not have large scales. Today, the situation has changed. In 2009 Datagroup's employees fixed several strong attacks aimed at company's clients that is why we can assume that this phenomenon was spinned up on the territory of Ukraine.