Datagroup company has its own fibre-optical network between different cities total length of which is more than 11,5 000 kilometres. More than 90 communication nodes provide the high level operability of this backbone network.
For the construction of this network DWDM (Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing ) was selected. The use of this technology allows to provide the highest speed for data transmission via one optic pair. Such high speed is reached due to the use of the wave, multiplexing by the length. Several independent flows are passing through one optic pair semultaniously while each flow is located in its own optic range.
The network is created on the basis of Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP. This solution is considered to be one of the most modern and the most effective in the world of transmission technologies. ROADM multiplexors of optic input/output with adaptive configuration allow to create up to forty virtual channels on one pair of optic fibres, the data transmission speed of which may be from 2,5 up to 100 Gbit/sec. Parallel with Cisco, DWDM equipment of such vendors as BTI and Ekinops is used in the network, which successfully completes and enhances the possibilities of ONS 15454-platform.
Nowadays, carrying capacity of the backbone network is about 1,5 Tbit/sec and it is continuously growing. In the future this figure can increase in several times.
DWDM allows to obtain the following advantages:
- increasing the efficiency of optic use by dividing one physical pair of optical fibres in to several "virtual"
- launching any telecommunication services, implemented on the basis of existing technologies (Frame Relay, MPLS, ATM, TDM, IP, SDH etc.) without a pause of operating services and re-establishment of backbone optic network
- each virtual optic fiver allows to launch its type of services, which are not crossing with services, functioning through other "virtual" fibres
- enlarging a capacity of the backbone optic network without its re-establishment and a pause of previously launched services, and also operative implementation of new types of services
The network allows to render qualitative telecommunication services to corporate clients, internet-providers and communication operators.
DWDM has the following advantages:
- high level of optic fibres utilization;
- owing to the transparency of optic fibre channels, it enables to apply any technologies of channel level;
- extremely high speed of transmission;
- enables simple channel upgrade in the optic backbone;
- allows providing 100% protection on the basis of ring topology
Datagroup Company created two independent international fibre-optic crossings toward Europe, and crossing to Russia, the construction of the second crossing to Russia is under completion. Connections with the largest international operators were made and with spots of exchange in Moscow and Frankfurt.