Datagroup Company has its own fibre-optical network between different cities, the total length of which is more than 11,5 thous. kilometres. More than 90 communication nodes provide the high level of operability of this backbone network.
For the construction of this network DWDM (Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing ) was selected. The use of this technology allows providing the largest speed for data transmission via one optic pair. Such high speed is reached owing to the use of the wave, multiplexing by the length, and along with that through one optic pair several independent flows are passing at once, each of which is located in its own optic range.
The network is created on the basis of Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP. This solution is considered as one of the most modern and the most effective in the world of transmission technologies. ROADM multiplexors of optic input/output with adjustable configuration allow creating at one pair of optic fibres up to forty virtual channels, the speed of data transmission in which may be from 2,5 up to 100 Gbit/sec. In addition to Cisco, DWDM equipment of such vendors as BTI and Ekinops is also used in the network, which successfully completes and enhances the possibilities of ONS 15454-platform.
Nowadays, carrying capacity of the backbone network is about 1,5 Tbit/sec and it is continuously growing, in the future this figure can increase several times.
DWDM allows to obtain the following advantages:
- Increasing the efficiency of optic use, owing to the division of one physical pair of optical fibres in to several "virtual".
- Launching any telecommunication services, implemented of the basis of existing technologies (Frame Relay, MPLS, ATM, TDM, IP, SDH etc.) without a stop in operating services and re-establishment of backbone optic network.
- Each virtual optic fiver allows launching its type of services, which are not crossing with services, functioning through other "virtual" fibres.
- Enlarging a capacity of the backbone optic network without its re-establishment and a stop of previously launched services, and also implementing new types of services operatively.
The network allows rendering qualitative telecommunication services to corporate clients, internet-providers and communication operators.
DWDM has the following advantages:
- High level of optic fibres' utilization;
- Owing to the transparency of optic fibres' channels, it enables applying any technologies of channel level;
- Extremely high speed of transmission;
- Enables simple growing up of channels in the optic backbone;
- Allows providing 100% protection on the basis of ring topology.
Datagroup Company created two independent international fibre-optic crossings toward Europe, and crossing to Russia, the construction of the second crossing to Russia is in the process of completing. Connections with the largest international operators were made and with the spots of exchange in Moscom and in Frankfurt.