In 2006, Datagroup Company has made a decision to transfer from SDH/Frame Relay to MPLS/Metro-Ethernet Technology, which uses physical environment (optic fibre) more optimally, is more convenient in operating, more flexible, speedy, scalable and allows shortening operational and capital expenditures, in a case of its implementation and operation.
Gradually, the multi-service, broadband, MPLS-network was created in a lot of cities of Ukraine: Kyiv, Lutsk, Kharkiv, Odesa, Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Zaporizzya, Vinnytsia. Kryvyi Rig etc. Th list is continuously growing and broadening.
The multi-service broadband MPLS-network differs with its safety, failure-tolerance, and also with high productivity and scalability, this technology is ready for the implementation of new services. The presence of broadened functionality of servicing quality (QoS) allows providing a strict control according to the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
In 2008, the modernization of backbone DWDM-network was completely finished. Its length was 11,5 thous. km. Simultaneously, the "upgrade" of the network's "west ring" was executed, the capacity of backbone (intra-city) fibre-optic channels was enlarged from 3 Gbit up to qo Gbit. In the same year, MPLS/Metro-Ethernet networks in cities, where the optic structure had been created, were broadened.
Prerequisites for the start of MPLS technology implementation:
- Permanently increasing demand for the services, which needs broad bands for transmission;
- Launch of national network on the basis of DWDM technology, which caused the increase a demand for these services in regions;
- Because of inappropriate aggregation of traffic, the necessity in continuous increasing of carrying capacity of SDH (from STM-1 to STM-64) network occurs, that unavoidably leads to the increase of capital expenditure and the decline of profitability;
- Serious competitiveness with other operators, which has already started to implement these technologies;
- Possibility to provide the high quality in different services rendering;
- Necessity to go in the mass market and to present additional services (Value added services) for both private and corporate clients.
Ethernet (E-Linе) Virtual Dedicated Line
While describing this service, it is often used such definitions as: VPWS (Virtual Private Wire Service), Point-to-Point Virtual Leased Line (PT2PT VLL), Ethernet Leased line (E-Line), ePIPE, Ethernet Wire Service (EWS), Virtual Dedicated Line – is actually an analogue of a line, dedicated between 2 points with 2 Ethernet-interfaces. It is very convenient, when a client wants to change rented lines.
Virtual Distributed Commutator (E-LAN)
While describing this service, it is often used such definitions as: E-LAN, H-VPLS (Hierarchical VPLS), VPLS (Virtual Private LAN Service), Ethernet Multipoint Service (EMS). Virtual Distributed Commutator will provide clients with a transport of the second level, from the viewpoint of a user it looks like different ports of one Ethernet-commutator were given in different cities in local network, and all remote dots are in one flat LAN-segment. But this service operates on the basis of MPLS-network, which allows creating a topology of almost any level of difficulty, providing the broadened support of QoS and flexible management for different types of traffic.
- Connection to mobile communication operators;
- Communication between different subdivisions;
- Access to different banking services' providers;
- Connection with processing centres (UkrKart, PUMB, UPC, Privatbank, Ukreksimbank);
- S. W. I. F. T. (applying ProFIX Swift Service Bureau or Equant);
- Access to the CCH of the National Bank of Ukraine;
- Reuters (together with Xtra и Xtra+ products).
High-Speed Access to Different Networks
This service is the basis, owing to which a network of data transmission can be created for any corporate client. In addition to the creation of such network, clients can receive the high-speed access (at the moment up to 1 Gbit/sec) to services, which are often necessary for the majority of corporate clients.